Follow Up: BI


Article: 'Charged with Embezzlement' CEO Kim Jung Joo is BI's father? YG remains silent

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+883, -37] Standard YG procedure. Silent on bad scandals, spam media play on good news~

2. [+612, -59] Kicking BI from iKON is the only solution right now. Keeping him in the group is destining them for failure.

3. [+159, -10] Luck just doesn't seem to be on his side... He got so much hate over his lack of skill on Show Me the Money and now that he's finally about to debut, his father holds him back.

4. [+85, -12] It upsets me as a BI fan but I have to think of the families that are now living on the streets because of his father and I agree that it's better for him to stay off TV. I'd want to die if I had to see the son of the man who ruined my life laughing on TV.

5. [+71, -4] Why would the father do something like that knowing that his son is a trainee getting ready for debut soon;; He even paid for the expenses of his neighbor's vacation overseas and invited them on his yacht and stuff... Why do all that with money that isn't his? BI needs to either promise to pay back everything owed with the money he earns after his debut or just stay back and produce for the group for the sake of the victim's families. I'm sure they don't want to see him on TV.

6. [+66, -3] Shows that a parent's crime will reflect directly onto their children. That's why parents need to live proper lives~ don't they feel bad at all for their son?

7. [+52, -5] YG better step it up and handle this properly this time. Just because they block articles about it doesn't mean people aren't hearing or talking about it. I'm sure they already know how mad people get the more they block the media.

8. [+48, -1] I've heard so many cases of children ruining the lives of parents but rarely the other case around;;

-

Article: 'The son of an Embezzling Criminal" is BI's iKON debut just?

Source:
Sports World via Nate

1. [+1,365, -38] Hul...... You can view this issue in two ways: why does a son with a bright future have to take on the crime of his father VS if my own family was the victim to such a crime, would I want to see BI on TV?

2. [+1,324, -65] Lee Ji Ah still gets hate for what her grandfather did ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I wonder how many families were ruined because of the money embezzled by that man

3. [+1,254, -138] People are so hypocritical... Why are people being lenient with BI when Lee Ji Ah is being treated as if she has to pay the price for what her ancestors did? ㅋㅋㅋ I personally don't think Lee Ji Ah or BI need to take responsibility for a crime they did not commit.

4. [+159, -8] Just think of this... BI used the money his father embezzled to get everything he wanted out of life... while the victim's families must now give up their dreams to recover all that they've lost.

5. [+152, -23] Isn't he the kid who went around wearing $1,700 clothes when he was just a trainee? And his family always goes on expensive trips overseas? Obviously he bought all that with the money his father embezzled.

6. [+122, -14] If you're going to defend BI, then you all better defend Han Hyo Joo too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+121, -8] Shouldn't we be all worrying over the children of the families affected by this scandal rather than the child of the man who caused it? And I'm sure BI's father has more than enough money stowed away for his family to live comfortably while he serves his time in jail ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+95, -12] I don't even want to see his face. Families have been literally ruined and people are thinking of letting BI off the hook because it's his father's fault, not his? All I see is a kid who used his father's embezzled money for his own dreams and to live life comfortably, doing all that he's wanted to do... How disgusting. Fans, before you shield him, realize that your own father could've been one of the victims.

-

Pann: Fucking YG... this doesn't even compare to the drug scandals

If YG really lets this get buried without any word, I'm going to lose all respect for them. The son of a man who stole money from innocent people should not be allowed to make money off of junior and high school kids. YG really should not let this go.

1. [+201, -15] I've liked BI since 'WIN' and I know it's not his fault but because of his father, my uncle is now sitting on debt and fired from his job. I remember crying when my aunt came over and started crying to my mom about how they're going to live life now and I can't believe that it was BI's dad's company that caused all of this. While BI's achieving his dream, my cousin unni will be working part time jobs to pay back her family's debt. BI's dream? My cousin's the same age as him but she now has to give up her college entrance exams because she can't pay for college anyway. I can't bear to watch BI on TV. I can't bear to see him happy.

2. [+440, -45] The entire public knows that Kim Hanbin has committed no crime. However, nobody should sympathize with him before the pain of the victims has even begun to subside. There are too many lives that are lost every day due to poverty in Korea yet...

3. [+454, -65] Why is BI's dream so important to everyone but not the hundreds of children who now have to give up their dreams because their families are in debt because of his father?

4. [+360, -35] Ironic how people are discussing BI's dream when the children of the victim families don't even get to dream anymore because of the debt they're sitting on.

-